Creekvine Designs 2' Cedar Twin Ponds Rocking Glider WF1230-2CVD
With this 2' Twin Ponds Rocking glider, you can have the best of both worlds, as well as all the styles. Even though the chair is steady and on the ground at all times, the smooth gliding tracks have a soothing rocking motion. To build a beautiful outdoor patio suite, combine it with other items from our Twin Ponds collections. The radiant western red cedar is naturally rot and insect resistant, and with the right cedar stain/sealer, it will look brand new for years.
- Leaves Warehouse in 4 - 5 Business Days
Features - Stain/Sealer
Purpose: Use to prevent premature graying, mildew growth, cracking, swelling, and warping caused by water absorption in new or weathered wood. Sheer color tints in natural wood tones and custom shades are available.
Product Type: For the cedar sound, we used Superdeck's Duckback brand, and for the white, we used Sherwin Williams.
- Cedar tone is Superdeck Duckback Waterborne Transparent Stain
White is Woodsman Premium Acrylic Solid Stain
*Note - May add 1-3 Days to the product ship time.
- We apply 2 coats of Stain/Sealer.
- Guaranteed to repel water for 1 year.
- Provides long-lasting mildew resistance on the coating film.
- Contains UV blocking pigment to resist premature wood graying.
- Sheer toner colors allow natural wood grain to show through.
- Contains tung and linseed oils to optimize adhesion and color fastness.
- After weathering, can be easily removed without harsh strippers or sanding.
- Fast, easy clean-up with soap and water.
- Formulated for high-traffic and high durability
- Mildew-Resistant finish
- 28% fee of product cost
Please Note: For the best protection, we recommend that, no matter which stain/sealer you choose, you inspect your stained product annually. Different climates may require more frequent application.
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Hardware: Zinc Plated Steel
- Overall: 28.5"W x 25"D x 45"H
- Seat & Back: 21.5"W x 20"D x 29"H
- Weight: 46 lbs
Capacity: 390 lbs
Features: Optional Stain/Sealer in Cedar - Add'l 28% Fee
Made in the U.S.A.
Assembly: Partially Assembled
Material #1 Grade Western Red Cedar
A Wood of Warmth And Beauty
Above all, Western Red Cedar is a stunning wood. It has a richly textured, tactile grain and a palette of soft, mellow tones that range from light amber to deep honey brown in its natural, unfinished state. The depth of cedar's natural luster is unrivaled by any other substance. It's also distinctly floral, and the cedar's unique scent adds a new dimension to its universal appeal.
The Gift of Durability
Natural oils in Western Red Cedar serve as preservatives, helping the wood withstand insect attacks, termites, and decay. Cedar is a dimensionally stable wood that remains straight and smooth. Western Red Cedar, when properly finished and preserved, ages gracefully and lasts for several years. Western Red Cedar can weather to a silver/gray patina and retain a rather smooth texture if left unstained/unsealed.
For most of our cedar furniture, we suggest using a basic cedar tone stain, but you can prefer a different color. Many stains and sealers come in a number of colors and can be found at your nearest hardware store or home base. We suggest Wolman's F&P, Cabot (which has a wide range of bright colors), and Behr.
Hardware - Zinc Plated Steel
Standard zinc plated screws, washers, bolts, and nuts are the hardware that has been plated in zinc. The zinc corrodes at a slower rate than the steel, so it is rust-resistant.
Besides the beautiful look, the zinc plated hardware adds to products, it also has more practical benefits as well:
- Alkaline zinc-nickel plating was found to be the most salt-spray resistant of the several non-cadmium platings tested.
- Alkaline zinc-nickel plating provides equal or better corrosion resistance than cadmium plating.
Click HERE to see Assembly instruction