Bunkie Highland Cabin Glamping Pod BNK7HL
Exterior Dimensions: 8'-6"W x 11'-5"D x 10'-6"H
Interior Dimensions: 7'-8"W x 10'-6"D x 9'-6"H
The Bunkie Highland Camping Pod by The Bunkie Co. – Your Personalized Cabin to Rest, Meditate and Play!
Enjoy the tranquility of the outdoors with your personalized Bunkie. The Bunkie brings you an ideal glamping experience, as well as luxury home away from home experience. Feel and smell the outdoors, all from the comfort of your Bunkie. Designed with slanted rooftops, this small prefab cabin offers unique aesthetics to enjoy the breath-taking nature.
Design and personalize your Bunkie interiors to fit your unique lifestyle! Install a bed of any size, cabinets, tables and seats, and even a fireplace to create the ultimate ambience! All of the furniture is specialized to fold and create space for you to do yoga, workout, meditate, read, or enjoy any activity of your choice. Bunkie pods have plenty of room for you to create your own outdoor home office. The luxury design of the Bunkie cabin creates a cozy space like no other prefab cottage!
The Highland Model:
Single Glass Wall with Door Holder and Standard Awning (with bug screen)Optional Front Door Screen
- Optional Side and Back Windows (with bug screen)
- Standing Seam Steel Metal Cladding with Full Weather Membranes
- Standard Dual Air Flow Vents (installed onsite by contractor)
- R24 Insulated Walls and Floor with 6mil Poly Barrier. R21 Rigid Insulation in Roof
- Standard 6 puck 12v LED Lighting System with On/Off
- Optional 3” Hardwired LED Pot lights
Unfinished, sanded Pine Plywood Interior Panels (grain/colour variation and knots are visible)
- Optional UV Finished Maple Veneer Interior Panels
- Optional Queen Wall Bed (mounts to back wall)
Optional Full Wall Bed with Sofa
- Optional Sliding Barn Door paired with Wall Bed
- Optional Luxury Vinyl Engineered Floating Flooring
- Optional Engineered Maple Hardwood Flooring
- Optional Configurable Case Goods Wall made with Wood Grain Melamine panels (options include folding table and chairs, fireplace, drawers, storage cabinets and shelves)
Add these custom additions to your cabin:
The images above show different views of the queen size wall bed which is also used as a partition for small composting toilet nook behind. We recommend the rear window and sliding barn door options if a composting toilet will be installed.
HOW QUICKLY CAN I RECEIVE MY BUNKIE??
After deciding your vision we will begin the design process of your BUNKIE, it will take 4-5 months to manufacture (could be extended due to COVID). Your BUNKIE will then ship from Ontario, Canada directly to your projects location.
DOES THE BUNKIE REQUIRE A BUILDING PERMIT?
- No, at 96 to 106 sqft all Bunkie models have been designed specifically to avoid the requirement for a building permit.
- Local zoning bylaws can still have precedence, we advise all clients to check with their local zoning bylaws.
HOW IS THE BUNKIE SHIPPED?
- The Bunkie is prefabricated, flat packed and shipped on standard width pallets via delivery truck. For example, a 26' rental truck can fit one Bunkie kit.
- In the case of long distance and overseas orders, shipping is available to the nearest freight depot.
- When delivering directly to site, consider how to remove large creates from delivery truck by use of skid steer or by hand.
WHAT TYPE OF FOUNDATION DOES IT SIT ON?
We propose different options depending on the site:
- For PREMIER and MONARCH, a concrete pad 12'L x 8'W x 8"H, 4" submerged in the ground and with integrated re-bar
- For BASECAMP and HIGHLAND, a concrete pad 11'-4”L x 8"-0”W x 8"H, 4" submerged in the ground and with integrated re-bar
- Sonotubes with pressure treated wooden cross members
- "Grade beams" (either concrete curbs or pressure-treated 4 x 4s on beds of tamped limestone screening
WHAT ARE THE R&U RATINGS? (WALLS, BASE, CEILING, WINDOWS, DOOR)
- R factors: Walls - R24 / Ceiling - R21 / Base - R24
- The walls and base are treated typically with Roxul batt insulation
- U Factors: Windows & Doors - U0.28
WHAT TYPE OF PLYWOOD IS USED?
The Bunkie is made of Canadian fir and spruce standard grade plywood. The interior is made from UV finished Maple veneer faced poplar core plywood or unfinished sanded Pine plywood.
DOES THE CHIMNEY DETAIL CREATE ANY SNOW LOAD OR WATER ISSUES?
- The roof has been structurally engineered to exceed snow load requirements at every point in the multi-faceted CNC cut profile
- The roof design features an integrated cricket to ensure proper runoff
WHAT TYPE OF ROOF FINISHING DOES IT HAVE?
- The roof is clad with the same material that is chosen for the wall cladding. Beneath the cladding there is an impermeable, waterproof drainage membrane.
DOES THE BUNKIE HAVE VENTILATION?
- Ventilation is through front door with options screen, casement windows or awning vent windows. Cross ventilation can achieved by optioning different window/door combinations. If installing a Bunkie in high heat areas, you may consider an overhead fan or an electric fan to move more air.
- Two adjustable valves are included with each kit which allows air flow when Bunkie is not in use for extended periods of time. These valves should always be used to allow passive air flow within the Bunkie. They can be installed side by side or on either side of the Bunkie to promote better cross ventilation.
WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE MURPHY BED?
- Queen Size Murphy Bed (80"L x 60"W)
- Full Size Murphy Bed (75"L x 54"W)
- Twin Size Murphy Bed (75"L x 40"W)
- Mattress is not included
IS THERE AN UPPER LOFT BED?
- Currently only one wall bed is being offered
- We are not offering an upper loft bed at the moment due to structural requirements, further details will be provided when available.
DO BOTH GLASS WALLS HAVE A DOOR?
- One side of The Bunkie will always have an entrance door, the other side can be optioned with an awning window or another door.
WHERE IS THE KITCHEN?
- The Bunkie has been designed as an auxiliary building to an existing home, we do not provide solutions for running water at this time
- You may purchase a basic Bunkie with no features and work with your own contractor to customize
CAN MULTIPLE BUNKIES BE JOINED TOGETHER?
- It is possible to purchase two Bunkies, install them separately and connect them visually with a breezeway, deck and/or trellis
- Please visit our Gallery for inspiration
WHERE IS THE BATHROOM?
- The Bunkie has been designed as an auxiliary building to an existing home. We do not provide solutions for running water at this time
- However if you were to purchase two Bunkies, one could be used as a kitchen / bathroom and the other for sleeping/playing
- We have solutions using either a composting or incinerator toilet as viable options Please contact us for recommendations
DOES THE FIREPLACE REQUIRE VENTILATION?
- The fireplace is now an electric standalone unit that does not require ventilation or fuel