Creekvine Designs Cedar Mailbox WRFMLBXCVD
Nothing brightens up your home and gives you some "curb appeal" like a cheery mailbox. This classic decorative mailbox is fashioned from durable and beautiful western red cedar. With the right stain/sealer, this resilient wood will last against the elements season after season. Bring delight to the daily act of gathering your mail with a rustic and whimsical decorative mailbox.
- Leaves Warehouse in 4 - 5 Business Days
Features - Stain/Sealer
Purpose: Use to prevent premature graying, mildew growth, cracking, swelling, and warping caused by water absorption in new or weathered wood. Sheer color tints in natural wood tones and custom shades are available.
Product Type: For the cedar sound, we used Superdeck's Duckback brand, and for the white, we used Sherwin Williams.
- Cedar Tone is Superdeck Duckback Waterbone Transparent Stain
- White is Woodsman Premium Acrylic Solid Stain
*Note - May add 1-3 Days to the product ship time.
- We use two coats of stain/sealer.
- Water repellency is guaranteed for one year.
- On the coating film, it provides long-term mildew resistance.
- UV-blocking pigment helps to prevent premature wood graying.
- Natural wood grain can be seen by sheer toner colors.
- Tung and linseed oils are used to improve adhesion and color fastness.
- It can be quickly removed after weathering without the use of harsh strippers or sanding.
- Clean-up is quick and simple with soap and water.
- Designed for high-traffic areas and long-term use.
- Finish that resists mildew
- A tax of 28% of the product's cost is charged.
Rounded & Sanded Edges
Someone always may want to meet in your outdoor living room. Our furniture's edges and corners have been meticulously sanded and rounded for a smooth, polished appearance that encourages people to sit down. Once they're in place, the sanded until smooth edges can keep the backs of knees and hems of clothes secure from snagging.
- Material: Western Red Cedar
- Rocker Overall: 14"W x 24"D x 14"H
- Rocker Capacity: 15 lbs
- Hardware: Zinc Plated Steel
Features: Stain/ Sealer,
Made in the U.S.A.
Assembly: Fully Assembled
Material - #1 Grade Western Red Cedar
A Wood of Warmth And Beauty
Western Red Cedar is a stunningly beautiful tree in general. In its raw, unfinished state, it has a richly textured, tactile grain with a palette of smooth, mellow tones ranging from light amber to deep honey brown. Any man-made object can't compare to the natural luster of cedar.
The Gift of Durability
Western Red Cedar's natural oils act as preservatives, allowing the wood to withstand insect attack, termites, and decay. Cedar is a straight and smooth wood with good dimensional stability. When properly finished and stored, Western Red Cedar ages gracefully and lasts for several years.
We recommend a simple cedar tone paint for the majority of our cedar furniture, but you can choose a different color. Many stain/sealers are available in a variety of colors and can be purchased at your local hardware store or home improvement store. Wolman's F&P, Cabot (which has a wide variety of vibrant colors), and Behr are our favorites.
Hardware - Zinc Plated Steel
Standard zinc-plated screws, washers, bolts, and nuts are examples of zinc-plated hardware. Since zinc corrodes at a slower pace than steel, it resists corrosion.
Aside from the attractive appearance that zinc plated hardware lends to goods, it also has a number of functional advantages:
- Alkaline zinc-nickel plating was found to be the most salt-spray resistant of the several non-cadmium platings tested.
- Alkaline zinc-nickel plating provides equal or better corrosion resistance as cadmium plating.